Origins Film Festival!

Just back from a long weekend in Columbus to attend the Origins Films Festival, associated with the Origins Game Fair. It was a great event and I was able to watch a really wide variety of films, meet some great people and see my first two little films on a big(ger) screen in front of a real, live audience. They have screened elsewhere but too far away for me to attend, so this was my first experience actually being in the audience as they screen. I am happy to say that they didn't blow up the projector and the audience laughed at all the jokes. What more could you want? The Film Festival organisers took good care of us and were wonderful people. The initial email communication was prompt, thorough and detailed which isn't always the case with festivals. I learned a lot this weekend, coming from my isolation as a hermit-filmmaker.

My films were in the Saturday at 1:00 block.

The Game Fair itself was incredible as well; so many new games and endless opportunities to test out new releases or revisit old favourites. There were thousands upon thousands of attendees milling about hundreds and hundreds of booths at the Fair and it got a bit overwhelming at times. One word of advice: pre-register!

Comments