"You Are Here" at the Blackbird Film Festival





 My short meditation on being in the moment, "You Are Here" will be screening at the Blackbird Film Festival in April. I am so honoured that my film was chosen as part of the programme! It looks like an amazing event and lineup of films. It's most unfortunate that I can't attend on that date due to other travel plans; I would have loved to be the "you" in "You Are Here"!






I had added a feedback portion to my entry and received a really wonderful page of comments. Some excerpts:

  "You Are Here" is a very relaxing and peaceful film. It gave me a strong sense of serenity, and the visuals really brought me into the film....The animation was well-done and the transitions worked well.... the changing of the scenery from daytime to nighttime was magical - I felt transmitted in that scene....The music selection was a perfect compliment to a really visually stunning piece. 

When you're absorbed 24-7 in the making of a film (even a one-minute film), you are so close to your concept that it's sometimes difficult to tell if it is conveying what you want to say or if you are reading into the finished product because you know it so intimately (the whole "hard to see the forest for the trees" kind of thing). It's so gratifying to know that my little hommage to the beautifully mysterious things makes visible how I feel about certain places.

Comments